Southeast Kansas Respite Services, Inc. (SEKRS) has a decade of experience in
meeting the needs of families and agencies in Southeast Kansas.
Families Can Count On..
- A break or rest from the care required by loved ones with special needs by matching the needs of the family with the skills of a provider.
- Specialized care for individuals of all ages.
- Time away with peace of mind - prior to the respite taking place the provider is interviewed and trained by the family.
- Options to identify their own provider to be trained - a family member, friend or teacher. Families can also choose from SEKRS large number of trained providers.
- Opportunities to make suggestions on SEKRS policies and operation by participating on SEKRS advisory board.
- Convenience of having SEKRS staff schedule respite services.
- Family satisfaction - services are evaluated yearly.
- are SEKRS employees,
- must be 18 / 21 year of age,
- may receive college credit for provider training,
- pass KBI and SRS security screening,
- have current TB skin test,
- have current certification in infant/child/adult CPR and first aid,
- are covered by Worker's Compensation and liability insurance, and;
- complete training with SEKRS staff which includes completion of
workbook, video series and universal precaution training.
"I just want to say, that this service has been a tremendous blessing to our
family. The care providers are wonderful. My daughter likes them, and is always
pleased to know one of them is coming."
"I feel like the Respite Program and all involved in it go out of their way to
meet my family's needs."
"You have a great service and I appreciate the hours I get each month. My job
gets pretty depressing at times and a few hours away from home is the answer. I
thank you for allowing me this time."
"No one can imagine just how much we care when someone, somewhere offers a
helping hand. It seems these programs have to have been started by someone who
has been there."
~ Comments from families
For more information write or call:
SEKRS, P.O. Box 738, Parsons, KS 67357
620-421-6550 ext 1642 or 800.362.0390 ext 1642